Külsővat is a small village of 788 inhabitants situated in the basin of Marcal river. The community is accessible between Pápa and Celldömölk by road and railway.

The area of settlement was inhabited from prehistoric times and during the Roman times populous villa - farms were active here. Its the village, recorded from the begining of the 14. centure, the archeological researches recoustucted two stoves formed by tiles shaping the coat of arms of King Mathias. These finds were found in the ruins of a mansion. The church of the parish was mantioned firstly in 1488, it’s priest name appear in a papal charter in Vatican Archives.

There is an exhibition of carved stones of 12-13. century in the church at the left side from the entrance. The richly carved seatings in the churche originate fromPaulite Monastery of Tüskevár. A hause of Premonstratesian Sisterhood can be seen at the side of the church.

The local school was mentioned already in 1698.

The Bánhalma estate, 2 km from the village, belongs to Külsővat as well. Its romantic-eclectical residence is located in protected garden of English horticultural style.

The actual coat of arms of the village was created according to the local seal dated from 1772.


Go to top